The Week of December 11thDecember 12th
Meeting at Dechutes Brewery
* SPEAKER: The past, present and future of United Way
* TODAY: Board Meeting 4:00-5:30pm Brian Shawver’s office
* New Members – Austin Ouderkirk and Steve Mickel
* Have you signed up for Tree of Joy? Tree of Joy schedule – sign up here
* Did you invite a potential New Member to lunch today?
* Board meeting minutes – posted on Member Only Website
* December 18th Happy Hour 4:30-6:00pm - SpringHill Suites Hotel Bar
* December 19th – The Riverhouse – Holiday Party. Have you signed up? Contact Kirk Sandburg at firstname.lastname@example.org
* December 26th – No meeting
* Charter Night – February 16th, 2018
* Pints for Polio March 3rd
Riders and Fundraisers,
Thank you for your support of this year’s Ride To End Polio fundraising event for Polio Plus. Fund raising results continue to trickle in, but we have established our official total based on the results we have received as of December 13. This year that number, along with matches from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, is about $11,700,000. This exceeds our $10 million goal.
About 120 cyclists joined us for the ride in Tucson. They came from 18 states and Canadian provinces and from Australia, Brazil, Germany and France. In addition, we fielded 18 Indoor Ride to End Polio teams—6 district teams and 12 club teams comprising more than 300 participants.
On behalf of the Ride to End Polio planning committee, I want to thank each of you and your donors. But even more, I want to thank you on behalf those that we may never meet. The children that will grow up without the ravages of polio because of Rotary International’s quest to End Polio Now.
El Tour de Tucson/Ride to End Polio
Austin Ouderkirk and Steve Mickel received their Red Badges Read more...